The first step in an online search is typing in the search terms. In the case of auto repair shops, the search terms will generally be “auto repair” or something similar, plus a location. For your SEO to be effective, the keywords should contain the search terms with the highest volume together with a location.
Successful, digital auto repair shop marketing must include, local SEO and high-volume, keywords. When your digital marketing campaign contains high volume and local SEO keywords it will increase your digital presence, and raise your websites ranking on SERPs. It will also create more traffic for your website, and substantially raise the number of customers that use your auto repair shop.
What is SEO for auto repair shops?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO increases the traffic for an auto repair shop website. The increase in traffic equals increased awareness of your auto repair shop which in turn leads to more customers.
The following steps are how the SEO process works.
Step 1: Step one in the SEO process is to conduct appropriate research, and decide what SEO elements to use when optimizing the content of your website. Typically, these SEO elements will include keywords, backlinks, meta tags, product images, quality text content and more. These elements are then embedded in your website’s content to make it optimized.
Step 2: Step two is to optimize the content of your website. A search engine “crawls” internet content and then, using programmed criteria (an algorithm,) will determine where to place particular content on a search results page. Optimizing a site is a process which includes inserting particular elements into a site, (at the front or back end,) so as to attract the attention of search engines, and rank it higher on Search Engine Results Pages.
What makes SEO for auto repair shops Unique?
Understanding your customer base and identifying the terminology they use when conducting online searches, is essential. By identifying their search criteria and even their search terminology, you can determine what content to include on your website.
Here is a list of factors which should be taken into consideration when developing a website.
- Mobility. In modern times, the majority of online searches are conducted using mobile devices. The fact that mobile searches are becoming the primary means of searching the internet, means your site has to be mobile device friendly. Or put another way, it has to be optimized for mobile device viewing.
- Reputation. A repair shops reputation is a factor which influences a potential customers decision whether to use a particular auto repair shop. A good reputation will result in increased patronage for your repair shop, just as a bad reputation will result in a decrease in patronage.
- Ranking. All websites are ranked on Search Engine Results Pages. As a general rule, the better a site is optimized, the higher it’s ranking, and the higher its ranking, the more customers it gets.
- Location. One of the factors influencing a potential customers’ decision whether to use a particular repair shop, is the repair shop’s location. Typically customers will search for an auto repair shop that is a convenient location, which they can easily access.
Some Super Effective Auto Repair Shop SEO Techniques
A Keyword-Focused Strategy
Perhaps the most prominent SEO method is the implementation of keywords. Keywords can be either single words, or a cluster of words, and their purpose is to trigger search engine algorithms, which then rank your website higher on SERPs. As such, what keywords are used and where they are placed are a crucial part of an effective auto-repair SEO strategy.
There are several critical factors that can influence the effectiveness of a keyword strategy. Here are some of them below:
- Conduct keyword research. The first step in developing an effective keyword strategy is to determine which keywords will most effectively attract the attention of your search engines. You can use tools like Google Keyword Planner to research “long-tailed” and relevant keywords.
- Research the most commonly used search phrases. The term Search Phrases refers to the words people enter into the search bar when searching online. The idea is to identify the most commonly used search phrases and include them as keyword clusters in your sites’ content.
- Research which particular auto repair services most customers are searching for. Once you have determined what are the most searched for services, you can insert applicable keywords.
- Define the area you wish to specialize in. Define your auto repair shops’ particular area of expertise and use appropriate keywords to promote your expertise on your website.
- Try different combinations of keywords. The most popular and therefore effective keywords are always changing. One method of countering the constantly changing popularity of particular keywords, is to try using new keyword combinations or clusters.
- Remember to keep your site’s directories and company profile updated; doing so will ensure your site appears in a top ranking spot on SERPs.
- It is essential to include your chosen keywords in all areas where they are relevant. Typically this will include:
- General page copy
- Landing pages
- Meta titles
- Meta descriptions
Auto Repair Shop Advertising
In the modern era, social media is the dominant form of advertising. This means, to be effective an SEO strategy must include social media. Companies who do not advertise on social media are missing out on an opportunity to talk to their target market and increase their customer base.
To effectively promote your business and generate new customers your advertising strategy needs to include social media and advanced auto-repair SEO techniques. For example, it should include listings and directories such as:
- Your Google Business Profile
- Local directories such as Yelp, Angi, Foursquare, and Yahoo
- A facebook business page
Your company profile is an ideal location for customers to post their reviews of your business. Indeed, the customer reviews are an essential element of auto repair shop marketing because they represent activity which signals search engines. Reviews are also important because they help develop and maintain your online reputation.
Consistently Producing New and Quality Content
New, quality content should be added to your website regularly. Search engines look for and prioritize new, quality content, and it should be added to your website a minimum of once a month.
The quality, new content should be included in:
- Social media postings,
The Bottom Line
Traditionally, the effectiveness of an advertising campaign is measured by how many people it “reaches”. The same methodology applies to the effectiveness of SEO. SEO causes search engines to rank sites higher on search results pages; this then leads to more people viewing your website, being aware of your business, and becoming potential customers.
When conducting online searches for auto repair shops, the reality is that people will search for a shop that is in a convenient location, and this necessitates your website including Local SEO. Also, you should remember to extensively research what keywords to use.
Partner with Advanced Digital Automotive Group To Promote Your Auto-Repair Business
If it is to be effective, your digital marketing campaign must contain SEO elements. In fact, research clearly shows that SEO should be a substantial component of your digital marketing. However, effectively implementing and utilizing SEO can be challenging and that is why many auto repair shops will engage the services of an expert automotive SEO company like Advanced Digital Automotive Group.
Contact Advanced Digital Automotive Group, (ADAG) today and let us show you how we can optimize your website, raise its ranking on SERPs, increase awareness of your business and expand your customer base.