An auto repair business can be a lucrative venture, but in a crowded and highly competitive industry, you must do more than sit back and wait for customers to find you. For your business model to thrive, you should emphasize encouraging return customers and continuously attracting new clients.
Carry on reading here to learn more about the various digital marketing techniques that can help you expand and retain the number of customers utilizing the services of your car repair business.
Marketing Strategies for Auto Repair Shops to Retain Existing Customers and Attract New Ones
Here is an easy-to-read and comprehensive article that examines some of the most effective digital marketing techniques that, when initiated, will help your auto repair business retain existing customers and attract new customers.
1. Website Branding
Appearances are everything, and your website is paramount regarding how your auto repair shop appears to potential customers. Think of a website as the equivalent of a digital storefront, presenting an image of your company. A website can influence how potential customers perceive your company, promote your company name, and encourage people to use your auto repair shop rather than your competitors.
Read below for some handy hints and techniques to ensure your website engages with readers and effectively promotes your auto repair business.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. In today’s online environment, most internet users connect through mobile devices. It is important to remember that search engine algorithms like Google valuer mobile-friendly websites mobility will be a criterion when determining a ranking in Search Engine Results Pages SERPs.
- Secure your website with HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure). HTTPS is the encrypted version of HTTP, the principal protocol most commonly used to transfer data between a web browser and a website.
- Create website content that accurately describes your company’s products or services and contains accurate and current contact information.
- Select a domain name that matches or is similar to the name of your company.
- Increase accessibility to your website by including live chat boxes and making the “Contact” button prominent on each page of the website.
2. Online Community Engagements
Another crucial element of marketing for auto repair shops is online community engagement. When you engage with your community online, you connect with potential customers, increase awareness of your business brand, and establish expertise, credibility, trustworthiness, and professionalism.
There are numerous ways to connect with potential customers, including chatting with people online, answering questions, providing helpful advice and suggestions, and promoting your website as a reference point.
3. Email Marketing
An often overlooked yet highly effective digital marketing platform for your auto repair business is email marketing. There are many advantages associated with email marketing, including the following:
- Less cost. Digital marketing based on email is cost-effective because there are no advertising fees, no printing costs, and no media costs.
- A receptive audience. All email campaigns are based on the email owners’ email addresses. In short, you communicate with a pre-qualified, receptive audience interested in your product and more likely to buy.
- A choice of design options. Email marketing allows you much greater design flexibility. For example, you may include different text styles and graphics and attach files.
- It is personalized and segmented. Email messages are personal and segmented, meaning only people interested in a particular product will receive a specific email.
- Expanded reach. You can reach many people with an email campaign. For example, some emails allow users to send up to 12,000 emails monthly for free.
4. Local Evaluations
A particularly effective digital marketing technique is establishing a digital presence on local review sites. Pew Research Center studies have identified that fifty percent of consumers aged 50 and under typically read customer reviews before purchasing. Make sure your company has a presence on the following websites:
- Google Local Search: A Google Local Search is linked to your Google Business listing which makes it a uniquely effective technique.
- Yelp: Yelp is a review site that boasts over 75 million monthly unique mobile web users and more than 69 million monthly unique desktop visitors.
- Yellowpages.com: Yellowpages.com is the online version of the Yellow Pages phone book.
Increase your marketing power on local review sites by doing the following:
- Connecting to other websites
- Link sharing
- Encouraging existing customers to post positive feedback on review sites.
- Using business cards to promote your digital details.
Responding positively to negative feedback shows that you are interacting with your customers and making positive changes that will enhance future customer experiences. By initiating changes in response to negative feedback, you show that your’s is a company that respects the opinions of its customers and a company that cares.
5. Content Promotion
In the real estate game, they say it’s all about location, but in the digital marketing world, they say it’s all about content. Effective marketing strategies for auto repair shops always include quality content. Quality content improves your company’s trustworthiness and helps establish you as an authority.
Quality content enhances the website visitors’ experience, and as such, it acts as a trigger for search engines. Good quality content can include blog articles, infographics, videos, and webinars.
Research conducted by the Content Marketing Institute shows that content marketing generates three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62 percent less. There is also value in the quantity of new content. For example, a study by HubSpot shows that firms publishing 16 or more blog articles per week receive 3.5 times the traffic of companies that produce four posts or fewer per month 3.5 times the traffic of companies that have four posts or fewer per month.
6. Referral Programs
Your existing customers can be your most effective digital marketing asset. Existing customers’ positive reviews of your company can increase your business significantly. Indeed, a recent Nielsen survey showed that 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family above all other sources.
7. Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is one of the essential digital marketing tools that can boost your online presence and convert website visitors into buyers.
You can ensure your website is SEO-friendly by:
- Identifying prominent keywords and inserting them organically in your website content.
- Including keywords on other platforms and websites.
- Adding new keyword-related pages to your website.
- Making sure your site is mobile-friendly.
The Big Idea
To compete in a crowded and competitive field, an auto repair shop must be highly proficient at the services they offer and even more proficient at promoting those services in the digital environment. To be effective, marketing strategies for auto repair shops must include the techniques and local marketing tips mentioned in this article. Last but no means least, it must adapt to changing market trends and altered consumer preferences.
Select ADAG for Dependable Automotive Marketing Strategies
One key to success in the digital marketing world is to employ tried and true digital marketing techniques. However, that can prove to be easier said than done. You may need the help of a digital marketing expert, and that’s where Advanced Digital Automotive Group (ADAG) comes into its own.
Advanced Digital Automotive Group offers the most advanced, results-driven, guaranteed, and effective auto repair shop advertising. Get in contact with ADAG today, and let us show you how we use auto repair SEO and other digital marketing techniques to produce digital marketing that will increase your customer base and directly help your business to grow.