A well-designed website is proven to be effective in increasing conversions and leads. Meanwhile, a wrong website design sends an unprofessional image that could lead to a loss in sales, credibility, and a lower search result ranking. Read about crucial website design elements below to avoid making automotive website design mistakes.
What makes a good automotive website?
A well-designed automotive website should prioritize and enhance the user experience. This can be achieved by combining a few elements that provide user benefits. Here are some factors that make a good website:
1. Clear Goal
A website with a clear goal is most likely organized and filled with the necessary content. To set a clear plan for your website, ask yourself about the purpose of your automotive website. You can also look into your audience’s behavior and identify their intent and aspirations, and this will allow you to align your website’s content with their wants and needs.
2. Secure and Safe
One of the essential elements of a website is its security and safety., and this is true for both your business and for your customers. A safe and secure website protects your users’ data from being stolen or hacked.and protects your business from financial losses due to fraud or data breaches.. A secure website also builds trust with your users, leading to increased sales and revenue. Additionally, consistently keeping your website safe gives an impression that your business is responsible and reliable.
3. Great UX and Design
Visual elements make the first impression when it comes to automotive website design. Your website’s layout and graphics should be aesthetically-pleasing and accessible for visitors. In automotive web design, it’s crucial that your website is user-friendly and offers a positive user experience because these are two significant factors that keep customers on your website.
4. Crawlable and Fast Page Load Time
Crawlability pertains to the ability of search engine crawlers or bots to access and navigate your website’s content. A website must be crawlable for search engine optimization (SEO) to improve your ranking on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
To make a crawlable website, you must strengthen your internal links and ensure that links and content between pages are connected. It also helps to add content regularly and update content on your website and avoid duplicating features. A fast page load time also contributes to your website’s crawlability.
5. Easy to Use
A user-centered automotive web design leads to more extended website visits, increased engagement, and higher customer conversion. A website that is easy to use and easy to navigate leads to a positive and seamless user experience.
What should an automotive website have?
An automotive website should have a responsive design that users can access through mobile devices. It should include relevant store information, search engine optimization, above-the-fold optimization, vehicle inquiry form, and high-quality images.
In today’s internet-dominated environment, it is essential for any business to have a well-designed website. Your website serves as your online storefront and determines the impression a potential customer will have of your business.
Furthermore, e-commerce is rapidly becoming the predominant form of selling and shopping, especially in the retail trade, and your business website is your entry portal into e-commerce. Indeed, without a website optimized for e-commerce your business will miss out on substantial
What is a good website design for an auto mechanical business?
A good website design for an auto mechanical business should include key elements to showcase services effectively and attract potential customers. It should have a clean and professional layout, making it easy for visitors to navigate and find the information they need.
Clear and concise descriptions of the services offered, such as car repairs, maintenance, and diagnostics, should be prominently displayed. Including high-quality images of the facility, staff, and completed projects can help build trust and credibility. Additionally, integrating a contact form or a click-to-call button can encourage visitors to reach out for inquiries or appointments, enhancing customer engagement.
How to create a website for my car company?
To create a website for your car company, it’s important to follow a few key steps. First, choose a user-friendly website builder or hire a professional web designer if you prefer. Next, consider your branding and choose a visually appealing design that reflects the identity of your car company.
Organize your website with clear navigation, making it easy for visitors to find information about your company, services, and contact details. Remember to optimize your website for search engines by including relevant keywords and meta tags.
Lastly, regularly update your website with fresh content and maintain good communication with your web developer to ensure smooth functioning and ongoing improvements.
How to build the best automotive website design?
If you want to make a great automotive website design, you should incorporate the following website design elements:
1. Responsive Web Design
Over the last decade the number of people using mobile devices to surf the internet has increased exponentially. More people are now using their mobile devices to search on Google and other search engines than ever before. Since the 2010’s there have been billions of smart phones sold and research shows that over 60% of searches online are from mobile devices.
In 2015, Google rolled out an adjustment to their algorithm that was aptly named “mobilegeddon.” The mobilegeddon heightened the importance of optimizing websites for mobile users, with Google prioritizing sites that are deemed mobile-friendly in their results page rankings.
A responsive web design pertains to changing the layouts of a website to cater for different devices, especially mobile phones.
A few fundamental principles of responsive automotive website design include:
- Easy navigation
- Calls to action
- White spaces
2. Relevant Information
Customers visit a website with specific goals and expectations—one of which is getting the vital information they need. By providing relevant information, users can stay on the site longer, encouraging them to inquire about or buy your products or services.
Here is some of the relevant information you should include in your automotive website design:
- Contact Number – Make sure to Include your business’ contact information such as your email address and phone number. Placing your contact information at strategic places like the bottom of your website pages makes it easier for customers to check your number.
- Location and Address – You should include a section where visitors can check the location of your auto mechanical business. A way to do this is to sync your store’s area with Google Maps and place the map on your About page so customers can drop by in person.
- Opening Hours – Aside from the contact info and address, the opening hours are another essential information for your automotive repair website design. Including the opening or operating hours on your automotive website lessens inquiries about the hours, which provides convenience for customers who can drop by.
- Contact Form – Include a contact form: Even if you already have a contact number listed, it’s essential because it provides customers with an alternate convenient and accessible way to contact your business.
3. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
To drive website traffic you need good layout and design and advanced SEO techniques must be implemented. Optimizing your automotive repair website design for SEO increases your website’s rankings in local search page results.
The best thing about SEO is that there are various ways to do this, but the most effective way is to conduct keyword research and phrases that your target audience will likely search for. You can use these keywords in your page titles, blog content, meta descriptions, headings, and body text.
Another way to improve SEO is through building high-quality and authoritative backlinks to your website.
4. Above The Fold Optimization
The above-the-fold elements of a website are some of the instant parts of a website that visitors notice. Depending on how you place them, these elements can entice visitors to take action, whether checking your services, portfolio or about page. Here are a few elements of a website that you can include above the fold:
- Powerful Header and Introductory Sentence – A compelling header and introductory sentence that communicates your unique selling point (USP) will immediately pique your visitor’s interests and increase your website’s ” stickiness,” meaning that visitors are more likely to stay and explore the website because of a solid initial impression.
- Compelling Call-to-Action Buttons – One important factor in automotive web design Placing CTA buttons above the fold provides a clear direction to visitors by guiding them to the desired action you want them to take on your website. Examples of effective CTA buttons include service scheduling, contacting your business, requesting a quote, or exploring service options. Additionally, there are four types of buttons you can use throughout your automotive website:
- Call to Action Button – The CTA button is one of the most essential elements of a website because it encourages visitors to interact and engage with your website by prompting them to click. Usually, CTA buttons are in different colors and directly command the viewers to avail of a service like “Book a Schedule” or “Schedule a Test Drive.”
- Primary Button – Primary buttons play an important role on a webpage. They are typically used to prompt a user to take a certain action such as submitting a form or adding an item to a cart. Primary buttons are typically visually distinguished from other buttons on a page. They are often larger, have a brighter color, and have a more prominent call to action. Two typical examples of a primary button are “Contact Us.” or “Call Us.”
- Default Button – The default button is the button that is activated when the user presses the Enter key. and it is typically the button that the user is most likely to want to click.The default button is basic CTA button that can be placed throughout your website design. These buttons could include action texts like “Email Us.”
- Tertiary Button – Tertiary buttons are less prominent than primary or secondary buttons, and they are often used for less important or less frequently used actions. Some examples of a tertiary button include “Check Portfolio” or “Get a Quote.”
5. Vehicle Inquiry Forms
If you’re running an auto dealership business, including a vehicle inquiry form in your website design elements are essential. This way, it’s easier for customers to contact you if they are interested or looking for a specific car or a particular service. An inquiry form is an excellent preemptive approach for customers before heading to your showroom.
6. High-quality Images
In today’s digital age, where people are constantly bombarded with images, it is more important than ever for automotive websites to use high-quality images. High-quality images can help to:
Capture attention: When people first visit an automotive website, they are likely to be scrolling through a sea of text and images. High-quality images can help to break up the text and make the website more visually appealing. This can help to capture attention and keep people on the website longer.
High-quality images can be used to convey a lot of information about a vehicle. For example, a close-up of the engine can show potential buyers the power and performance of the vehicle.
High-quality images can help to create a sense of desire in potential buyers. When people see a vehicle that is beautifully photographed, they are more likely to want to own it.
Additionally, images also contribute to establishing and reinforcing your business’ identity. For example, if you consistently use colors, style, and tone cohesively in all your pages and graphics, it will be easier for customers to recognize the visual representation of your business.
When adding images, adding alt-text is essential to boost your SEO ranking. Alt-text also enables accessibility for blind and visually impaired people because screen readers use alt-text in describing what is on the image.
Writing a compelling alt text should make sense and be related to the image. In some cases, although not necessarily, you can use focus keywords on alt texts.
Here are a few tips for writing an alt text:
- Limit your alt text to a maximum of 125 characters.
- Retain the context while describing the image.
- Refrain from adding ‘an image of’ or ‘a picture of’ before describing the actual subject of the image.
- Don’t force keywords but add them naturally
- Don’t overuse keywords for every photo on a single page
A well-designed automotive website is necessary for businesses that want to establish a solid online presence and reputation. Incorporating user-centric elements of a website design is essential to create an excellent automotive website. This includes updating your website’s responsiveness, placing important information on pages, utilizing keywords for SEO, placing inquiry forms, and adding high-quality graphics. With all these elements on your website, customers can discover your page and stay longer to check your services and offers.
Design and build your automotive website with Advanced Digital Automotive Group.
Creating a well-designed website that functions well is a challenging task; you will need the help of a reliable and skilled web development team that also offers a safe and reliable automotive website hosting service. Advanced Digital Automotive Group offers various cutting-edge digital solutions that can help automotive businesses thrive in the digital world. Call us today and we will help you build a unique automotive website that sets your business apart from the competitors.